Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Operation slimboy



One December evening i was strolling on my terrace
Amidst the crowd of homes my eyes got stuck on a face
A beauty in the mirror, with long black flowing hair
Adrenaline galore yet i could not refrain a stare

She came to the window, for the first time our gazes met
My mind drowned in the cascade of my own sweat
Caught and cringed i raised my hand for an uncertain 'hi'
With grotesque looks but she had already hammered her 'bye'

My heart was crushed between the window panes
No trespassers, red faced she barricaded all the chains
To my reigning confidence that came as an unforeseen blow
The slammed window froze and the reason i didn't know

A voice from inside said, "look at yourself, you swollen figure"
"At the end of the day your big belly grows even bigger
Why would a girl with senses on even lay her eyes on you"
Brutally bitter to swallow but what was said was true

Crestfallen, i vowed to myself to bury down my loyal flabs
A slim physique was aimed to attain if not six packs abs
Restaurants were cordoned off and sweets declared a sin
The maiden step was taken, operation slimboy was about to begin

Buzzing alarms gonged the opening of a new solemn quest
Tastes neutralized, temptations of tongue were put to rest
All the muscles squeezed under the gruesome exercise regime
Bones screamed with utter ache but my will persisted supreme

Months passed away finally my hardwork conceived its fruit
I looked at myself now and that voice within became mute
Narrower was my waistline, the big belly nowhere to be seen
Pinch me tight to wake me up if I’m floating in a dream

Then arrived the season of spring and the flowers bloomed again
Again the window was opened still her essence flew the same
The day had come for which i had been waiting for so long
Anxious nerves were dancing on the beat's rhythmic song

Her eyes popped out as she saw me dumbstruck with disbelief
To my throbbing heart that expression came as a pleasant relief
like a whisper from the heaven with her 'hi' at last i was blessed
The battle was conquered, operation slimboy culminated in success




2 comments:

  1. But tell me one thing....the slimboy's happy???
    he is in love with someone who wants him to change this way??? is love all about that???

    ReplyDelete