Friday, April 10, 2009

Farewell of a son



 My wings are set,the cradle is gone
A toddler no more,no more a new born
Battles ahead I have to fight alone
Let me flourish or else I’ll be a stone

Your love for me I do understand
But alas our lives this way are planned
Under your warmth,we merrily grow
Until one day duties call and we have to go

Likewise a world awaits me behind this door
For hardships of life,horizons to explore
A bitter truth we both have to face
Time has come to leave your embrace

The other side of your heart,I realize today
Limitless love for me that you did never say
How quickly you forgave each mistake of mine
Whispering for my well being always to divine

These immortal memories,how will they die
I’ll remain a part of you even if I fade into sky
Guiding my way through greys and greens
Not money,not gold but your blessings supreme

Don’t cry mama,you only give me strength
To face the hurdles across universe’s length
A smile on your face is all that I want to see
As I leave for a quest,in search of my destiny




2 comments:

  1. once i start reading your poems, i just cant stop.. its the same feeling like reading bhaiyya...both of you leave me mesmerised by the lucidity of your thoughts...
    how beautifully you have penned this Ankit...how very touching .. not one word appears to have been forced , its like these very words were always waiting for you to join them together and make this beautiful poem out of them..
    there has hardly been a more beautiful tribute to the love of a mother !!

    ReplyDelete